The Sales Bible softbound – NEW EDITION WITH SOCIAL MEDIA ANSWERS
Global sales authority Jeffrey Gitomer’s bestselling classic, The Sales Bible, has been updated and appended in this new edition, offering you the ultimate sales methods and strategies that really work — every day, in real-world selling situations.
With over 200,000 copies of the previous editions sold, The Sales Bible was listed as one of “The Ten Books Every Salesperson Should Own and Read” by the Dale Carnegie Sales Advantage Program.Jeffrey Gitomer’s column, “Sales Moves,” and blog, “SalesBlog.com” are read by more than four million people every week. His customers include Coca-Cola, BMW, Kimpton Hotels, Hilton, Wells Fargo Bank, IBM, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Hewlett Packard, and hundreds of others.
The Sales Bible is your personal, trusted, authoritative resource to reach your sales potential and shine like a star. Accept no substitutes. Here are a few highlights:
- The 10.5 Commandments of Selling
- Generate leads and close sales in any market environment
- Find 25 proven ways to set hard-to-get appointments
- Use top-down selling to fill your sales pipeline with prospects who are ready to buy now
- Ask the right questions to make more sales in half the time
I am a district sales manager and my team was given a copy of this book. It is well written and very easy to read even by team members that may not like to read. It is broken down into simple short chapters and it has some very good ideas for selling, getting to the decision-maker, and closing business.
This book gives the 10 commandments of sales for a person to learn in order to create successful sales habits. It does not necessary give you a clear direct tip or even tells you what you have to do in order to close a sale blindfolded but it does give some idea on what you have to look out for.
Excellent book for me since I have a technical profile, technical skills and decided to give it a try to prospecting. Mr Gitomer is an encouraging mentor. This is my second Gitomer reading after the Red Book that show the basics, I also listen to his tapes in You tube. The Bible sales contents are for being reviewed over and over again. Besides sales proficiency recomendations, it has witty remarks. One think I like of Mr Gitomer is that he recommends to read anything related not just his own
- I’m a nut for sales books and courses. This book has a lot of collective wisdom, but I felt it was a bit like reading a collection of field notes on selling.
I evaluate sales books against the methods I learned from Bill Bishop’s SALES CLOSING POWER (not JD Douglas’s book of the same title), which is about 100 times better than the relatively brief coverage of the all important subject of closing found in the chapter on closing in this book. I do agree with Gitomer that it’s very helpful to sort of turn yourself into a non salesman. The trick is how to do that and yet still be able to close the sale.
The essence of selling really is in helping people buy vs. selling them, but Gitomer is a bit weak on exactly how to do that. I’d give this book an extra star or even two if it was a) better written b) had more material on closing the sale.
Gitomer relies on every shopworn sleazy used car salesman tactic ever cooked up. For instance, he instructs salesmen to ignore “no soliciting” signs on page 126, repeating the same old self-serving rationalization that such signs aren’t meant for “legitimate” salesmen like him. And yet he has all these rules for how prospects “should” treat salesmen with respect, or else they’re “jerks.” “Jerks” include people who screen calls so they aren’t constantly interrupted by some cold-calling salesman, people who have a gatekeeper who keeps them from constantly being interrupted by cold calling salesmen, people who don’t return voicemails left for them by cold calling salesmen. He also scores people as having a “negative attitude” if they watch the news and/or read the newspaper. He also teaches to bribe people with things like tickets, etc (actually a big no no in many companies who don’t want their purchasing managers selecting a product on who got them Knicks tickets rather than who has the best product at the best price).
- Knowing how to glean customers for your business is essential to its success. The best thing to do about getting new customers would be to figure out how to generate leads. To discover more about generating leads effectively, keep reading.Try direct mail as a lead generation tactic. Many people think that direct mail has gone the way of the dinosaur, but it’s not true. In fact, it may be very powerful for your market as a lot of competitors shy away from it as a strategy. You may find a lot of business opportunity here.Ask your current customers to pass on word about your company to those they know. Your current loyal customers are the best lead generation asset you have. Their word of mouth can really mean a lot to generating new customers. Just them sharing your company information in social media can be surprisingly powerful.Search engine optimization can take awhile to get going, as can other lead generation techniques. While they are the best, and while some experts saying purchasing leads is a bad idea, it’s not always the case. Buying leads from a trusted source within your niche can actually be extremely beneficial.Don’t forget your website! Many people create a site and then just leave it, believing that “if you build it, they will come.” They won’t unless you actually put some effort into it. Create a blog and update it frequently, or add new content as often as possible to the site itself.Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone. A lot of people get scared of making a call to generate a lead. They think it’s akin to annoying telemarketing. But if you’ve got a solution to a problem a company is having, you’ll definitely get phone time with someone. Even if it’s not a long call, pitch it and get a meeting to continue the conversation.Find out if any local publications available for free fit within your niche. For example, real estate agents can get into the local “New Homes” guides found in boxes around the city. If you are a dentist, you could get an ad in a free kids’ magazine which details local attractions.Now that you’ve read the tips above, you should now know how simple it is to generate leads when you have proper advice. Use this advice to boost the number of customers your business gets. The level of success you experience will increase dramatically.