With this book you will learn:
1. How to choose your Crochet hooks, yarn and other items you need
2. How to read a crochet pattern
3. How to hold the Crochet hook and yarn
4. How To Chain
5. How To Do A Single Crochet
6. How To Turn Your Work
7. How To Slip Stitch
8. How To Do A Double Crochet
11. Working in different loopsThis book also includes 3 beautiful patterns that will teach you how to crochet a Cell Phone Sock, Pot Holders and Basic Granny Square.
Get Started Crocheting Today!
Authors Other Books
Please visit http://goo.gl/8DO96i to discover other books by Emily Nelson.
“Crochet Patterns Beginners Guide”
“Crochet Stitches Beginners Guide”
“Crochet Beginners Guide”
In chapters 2 & 3, it seems like the author can’t decide whether she’s writing for a US or UK audience. When she finally gets around to providing a stitch guide, she gives US terms, so I guess she’s writing for a US audience. But in describing yarn, she describes DK weight as the most common, which is true in the UK, but not in the US, where medium or worsted weight is the most common. She gives international yarn weight names (in plies) for the lighter weight yarns, but ceases to do so for heavier yarns, giving mostly the US names but never referring to the Craft Yarn Council’s standard yarn weight chart, which gives numbers (which are what’s actually printed on US yarn labels from major manufacturers) in addition to names, or relating those yarn weights back to hook sizes or any other helpful information. I would not recommend this book to a beginning crocheter as the terminology in the vital introductory chapters is confusing and inconsistent.
Back when I was a young girl, my aunt tried to teach me how to crochet. I didn’t do very well. Over the years, I have tried it again only to meet with the same lack of success. This book is very well written and explained the steps in a manner in which I can relate to. I’m not an expert yet by any stretch of the imagination, but I am finally learning how to crochet.
Crochet is a pretty challenging craft to teach from a book, especially the structure of each stitch. I think this book handles the basics well. Also like the section on how to read a pattern. Patterns in this book are very basic crochet exercises so that the user can learn how to execute basic stitches and follow a simple pattern.
- Are you looking for something new to do with your spare time? Has the thought of taking on a new hobby crossed your mind? Would you like to create things you can make use of, or just find something to occupy your time? Read on to find out more about hobbies.Try using your hobby to create things to sell. If you make things like jewelry, furniture, cakes, toys, etc., you can easily make back some of your costs by selling them to people. Not only will it feel good to have others enjoy your creations, but you can make money doing something that you already enjoy doing.Try keeping your small hobby supplies in see-through bags or containers. Whether you use jars, bins, or bags, these transparent containers will help you find what you need without having to go through each storage bin. To keep your supplies organized in a large bag, try running a line made of stitches down the bag’s center to create two sections.If you are just starting a new hobby, don’t invest too much money in it right away. You want to make sure that the hobby is something you will enjoy for a long time before you end up spending a lot of money on things you may never use again.It’s a good idea to maintain several hobbies. Diversity of hobbies keeps things interesting. Choose wisely, and you will always have a hobby to enjoy.Your computer could be your portal to your next hobby. Blogging is becoming increasingly popular with people of all ages and genders. Find something that you are interested in and create a blog online. It will give you something to keep up with each day and might even introduce you to people you never would have met.Riding your bicycle is a very beneficial hobby. Hobby riders are able to find trails that they can use all year. By dressing appropriately, you can ride your bike all throughout the year. That is something else that can make you healthier, in addition to being fun.Now that you know so much about hobbies, you should have no problem determining what to do with your spare time. You can now choose a pastime that will fill you with great joy. Take your time as you decide what to do next and then enjoy every moment you have doing it.
- How do you like to spend your spare time? Are you sitting on the sofa watching TV, surfing the Internet or gaming? Shouldn’t you instead enjoy a hobby to use your time constructively? No matter if you create using your hands or you just have some fun, these tips can help you discover a hobby.A fun hobby to have is to start posting your own videos on youtube. Lots of people post up their own videos on youtube, either for money, enjoyment, or both. You don’t need to be a film expert to be able to do it. You just need a webcam or phone.Photography is one hobby that is great, and a large investment is usually not required any longer. If you’re already the owner of your own digital camera and tripod, you can begin right now. Remember that photography is not necessarily an artistic pursuit. Reading good books on technique can help you compose and take good photos.A great hobby to have is to start scrap booking. Scrap booking can be fun because it allows you to flex your creative muscle, and make something very special at the same time. You can dedicate a scrap book to a certain trip or time period, and then give it as a gift to someone.Surfing is a great hobby that gets you out in the water. It is easy to get a used surfboard on which to learn, and lessons come relatively cheap. An extra benefit comes from the stronger leg muscles you will build.Consider starting a blog about whatever your personal passion is. Writing about something that draws your attention during your leisure time is a great way to enjoy it even more. You can even use it to connect to fellow enthusiasts who share your passions, both online and possibly in real life too.Believe it or not, current events could be considered a hobby of sorts. If you enjoy keeping up with what is going on around the world, you can create a scrap book that can be handed down to younger generations of your family. They may find it as interesting as you did as you put it together.Now that you know something about the field of hobbies in general, get ready to choose the one right for you. There are many hobbies to choose from, from competitive card games to watching birds. You will find something you like if you take the time to choose one.